Paediatric Speech Pathologist.
If you like working with children and want to be part of a family/community not a business, read on.
We are looking for the right people to join our family business.
- Full Time
- Overseas Assignment
- Sensible case-load.
Ladybug House is seeking a passionate, motivated Speech Pathologist to join our multi disciplinary family centred practice in the North West of Melbourne. Currently, there are four resident Speech Pathologists, an Occupational Therapist and Psychologist/ABA Therapist. We are a family friendly practice in the suburb of Keilor East providing services to children aged 2 - 9.
The benefits of working at Ladybug House include:
- Sensible and varied case load – including assessments and therapy, social skills groups and therapy for children with ASD. Average case-load per day is 5 (including cancellations)
- Great place to work – we have a professional but relaxed work environment. We are working with our Singapore partner to help communities in need. Additionally, our team building activity will be at head office on the Gold Coast this year.
- Clinical Supervision and Professional Development – you will be supported by experienced Speech Therapists and have access to a generous professional development budget.
Ladybug House is run by a family. Maria is a senior speech pathologist and has over 20 years' experience, working at Autism Spectrum Australia in NSW, as a clinical educator at Latrobe University and has lectured in Singapore on ASD. She is responsible for all things clinical. Renato has over 20 years' experience working in large and small businesses. He is currently working on his doctorate which is related to patient feedback on health care services. He does everything else! Their children provide support by volunteering in the office and reception and you will often see them in and about Ladybug House. We want you to be part of the Ladybug House family. In doing so, your work will be more meaningfully connected with the families that come through the house.
Our management philosophy is family orientated. You are part of a family not a team, you are not treated as cog in an organisational wheel. We actively support you and have your back when you need us the most. We are a humble organisation that punches above its weight. If you want a prestigious job with a title to match this not the job for you. We deliver services that make a real difference to family's everyday lives, we know because families tell us. Each family's stories of progress that we are told in which we played a part, has sent shivers of joy down our spines and made our eyes water. That's why we exist. The meaning in our work relates directly to those feelings. Consequently, our business has been built on word of mouth and we have worked hard for every family.
What we need.
We need someone that will be able to deliver clinical outcomes in a caring but professional manner. You will love working with children.
We need a person who fits our family orientated culture. You must be motivated by making a difference to the lives of the parents and children that visit our practice. It's an environment where you will have fun and be supported. We try our best to give back to the community and have supported programs by Assistance Dogs and recently provided schools in the local area free speech screening for Grade Prep children. We are about to deliver Parent Training to families in need in our partner location in Singapore. We are also helping a community in Vietnam prepare their children for winter by donating 100 jackets.
The role has become available as one of our Speech Therapists will be going on maternity leave…we have a nick name of fertility house 😊. The role will be a permanent fixed term contract of 18 months. Renewal is subject to performance.
- Relevant Speech Pathology qualifications.
- Current practicing member of Speech Pathology Australia and PSR.
- Current Working with Children Check and Police Check
- Victorian drivers licence and own vehicle.
- If applying as a graduate, you must have a Masters degree.
- At least 1-3 years clinical experience in the relevant profession
- PECS Trained
- HANEN trained (including More than Words)
- Completion of DIR/Floortime course
- PROMPT trained
- Lidcombe trained
Applications considered immediately.
Application close date: September 15
Applicants who do not meet the criteria will not be responded to.
Please send your cover letter, CV and university results (if a graduate) to email@example.com or for further information phone Maria on: 0408 711 706.
Maria Guzzardi Senior Speech Pathologist