How to self manage your funds with the NDIS
The NDIS have recently updated their web page related to self managing your NDIS funds.
Watch the video or click through here to see the full page.
Here are some of the main points from the page.
Self-managing your NDIS funding gives you control, independence and flexibility in arranging and paying for your supports.
If you self-manage your NDIS funding you will have:
- Choice in deciding what supports you purchase in line with what is included in your plan, who provides these supports and how they are delivered.
- Flexibility to use any provider that will best help you to meet your plan goals.
- Capacity to employ or contract staff directly, or have someone employ staff on your behalf.
- Ability to negotiate the costs of your supports so you get the best value-for-money and to use savings to buy more or better quality supports.
- Control over and responsibility for your NDIS funding so you can manage your own budget for the duration of your plan.